How to Sign Up
New Account Setup - How it Works
Contact us to sign up - we will interview you, provide a consultation and recommend a plan. If we have recommended our standard hosting and tech support package ($15/month) you may place your order online. For custom plans we will take your order by phone/email.
- Option 1 - Automatic Monthly Credit Card Payments - Monthly credit card payments for all hosting accounts are processed automatically on the first day of each month for the previous month’s service.
- Option 2 - Prepay annually by check - We will invoice you each year for renewal.
There is no fee for account setup. For credit card customers, your first payment will process on the first day of the month after your service is initiated.
Transfer In (for Existing Websites)
For transfers of existing sites to KWR, please provide us with the following info:
- Your current hosting login info - Username/email and password for your current web hosting provider (for example, Hostgator, Bluehost, Inmotion, etc.) - this will allow us to copy your files.
- Your domain registration login info - Username/email/customer ID and password for your domain registration account (for example Godaddy, Network Solutions, Name.com, etc.) - this will allow us to point your domain name to our server when we are ready to switch hosting.
Note: In most cases, incoming transfers in are provided free of charge. However, depending on the complexity of your website, we might not be able to do it for free. We will take a look at your existing website during our initial consultation to determine whether we can offer the transfer free of charge. If it's going to cost you more money, we will let you know before we recommend a hosting plan or accept your order.
Incoming Transfer Process
To ensure that your website (and email) is transferred without any downtime, we use the following process:
- Copy data from live server to new server (don't switch yet - just copy).
- Install hosting account, website and email accounts on new server.
- Test new website using local DNS overrides, to make sure it works.
- [The website is now available on both servers at the same time]
- Change nameserver records and/or other required DNS records at domain registrar, so that your domain resolves to the new server for web requests, and email if necessary.
- Wait at least 2 days for Nameserver/DNS changes to propagate.
- Confirm that Nameserver/DNS changes have propagated
- Check the old server for any incoming mail messages that may have been received during propagation (this can be done at several points throughout propagation, not necessarily just at the end).
- Your hosting has now been 'switched' to the new server, so it's now safe to cancel your old account.
- Cancel account with former hosting provider, or disable auto-renew.
You may cancel or transfer to another host at any time without paying any additional fees. See terms of service for full details.